FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid test for entry/re-entry to US [merged thread]
Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:47 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Anytime Monday or after. I do mine as early as possible in case there's a false-positive. Just be aware that some countries are still 72 hours, not three days. It would suck if your flight is cancelled and they re-route you over, say, London, and your test isn't new enough. Probably won't happen, but it's a reason to keep another kit with you. Seriously, if there's a flight irregularity that puts you 12 hours behind schedule, it could be a problem.

Good luck - Jamie
Note that for flights to the US, the above-linked CDC page specifies leeway for delays outside the passenger's control:

What happens if my flight (or first flight if itinerary includes connecting flights) is delayed past the 3-day limit for testing?
If the initial departing flight in your trip is delayed past the 3-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is 24 hours or less past the 3-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 24 hours past the 3-day limit, then you will need to be retested.

What happens if my connecting flight is delayed past the 3-day limit for testing?
If the connecting flight in your trip is delayed past the 3-day limit of testing due to a situation outside of your control (e.g., delays because of severe weather or aircraft mechanical problem), and that delay is less than 48 hours past the 3-day limit for testing, you do not need to be retested. If the delay is more than 48 hours past the 3-day limit, then you will need to be retested.
Originally Posted by michael1023
Update. 1 week until august…
What happens, or is supposed to happen, in August?