FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Hiroshima Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 25, 2021, 7:30 am
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Had a good two-night stay last weekend. My first time back in Hiroshima in nearly 16 years. Admittedly, my expectations for the CP were fairly low given the reviews of this property. Booked queen bed room using points for 20k/night (cash rates were only about $100/night including taxes - but my IHG points are devaluing quicker than I can burn them).

Pros:
- perfect location for everywhere I wanted to visit in Hiroshima. 8 min walk to Hiroshima Bus Center (for the airport limousine bus), 5 min walk to the Peace Memorial Museum and Park, and tons of great dining options nearby
- good Spire recognition - double upgrade to king bed room, welcome points, food/beverage discount coupon, and generous late checkout (see below)
- had requested an "eStandby" 5pm late checkout for ¥3000 extra prior to arrival. At check-in was granted the 5pm checkout and was told it was complimentary due to my Spire status.
- good service - went to the rooftop beer garden and a few minutes after I received my beer it began to downpour. I quickly went to pay for my beer and was told not to worry about it due to the weather.
- room size was above average for a Japanese hotel from this era

Cons:
- outdated hotel/rooms (particularly the bathroom)
- my room and floor smelled of smoke, despite being assigned a non-smoking room

Overall, I would happily stay here again if I needed to be in this part of Hiroshima.

-FlyerBeek