FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:10 pm
BasedChe

July 2021 trip review

I booked this stay for my parents as a guest of honor stay, and am writing their thoughts on the trip. Upgraded to a king corner room, which has a good bed and the windows even open. The location is not close to the beach, but has shopping nearby, and the beach is about 3 miles away. The staff were excellent in trying to ensure all needs are met during the stay. Covid protocols were taken seriously by staff. The food at breakfast had generous portions and was tasty, and even offered starbucks for the drinks. The restaurant was closed for the weekdays so it was room service, but you could have it delivered to the terrace or the pool if you wanted to eat outside, food was delivered on time and the terrace has two fire places. The pancakes were delicious and had large serving sizes. The junior olympic pool has two lanes dedicated to lane swimming and uses salt instead of chlorine. The toiletries are small, but you can always ask for more. When the staff found out it was my dad's 80th birthday they delivered a bottle of wine. The lobby is very welcoming and has tvs and books making it a good waiting area. Floyd and Aspin were two really great staff members that went out of these way to make sure the trip was a great experience. Would post photos, but I do not have enough posts to be able to post photos, may add later.