FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska 737 MAX - Planes, Flights and Experiences
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:23 pm
Calculon

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Wow such elitism and entitlement. Not everyone can afford taking off up to 12 hours (back and forth) to go to Hawaii. Some of us still has to work and we need to have wifi to do so. Just because you don't want something that doesn't mean you should deprive everyone of it. Step out of your little privileged bubble and try put yourself in other people's shoe for once.
I see no indication that OP wanted to “deprive” others of something. Just that they appreciate (and uh... "strongly recommend" to others) the time being unplugged.

And given the current possibility of being served internet lemons, it's not a bad idea to be prepared with the syrup and water to make something drinkable. As someone who has a device full of offline content for just those situations, I appreciate the recommendation.

Having said that, I do like to still have the *option* to plug in and, if necessary, do work that might require an internet connection. Even on a leisure trip, sometimes there’s a fire that needs to be put out from a distance. So I look forward to the completed satellite internet rollout. Either way, good to be warned of the chance of getting a MAX with no streaming content in the meantime.

Last edited by Calculon; Jul 21, 2021 at 5:44 pm Reason: Fix weird phone formatting that dropped ellipsis and quotes