FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Idiots who Design Marriott Rooms
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:35 pm
VSLover

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Given the explosion of remote work in the last couple of years, I think it could be time to create a thread featuring Marriott hotels by city which have office chairs and a desk that you can sit in for more than 2 hours without needing medical care. I suspect the list could actually be quite short, but would certainly be very useful for me.
SHOCKINGLY (as i live in the UK at the moment) i found an extended stay at a RI in aberdeen to be just perfect for this.

after two weeks i moved to an IHG property (indigo newcastle) for a bit and while the room was lovely and stylish with a wrap around roof deck--the furniture and chairs were excruciating.

i moved to a more traditional marriott (durham) and that was the best desk seat and set up for working all day from your room.

i do believe marriott here has generally given thought to this which ive only appreciated after spending days working in my room. currently sat in a sheraton in edinburgh, and while not as comfy, it still works well as the furniture is easily modular to work for me (lighting on calls and comfort)