FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fuel shortages at UX stations (BZN, BTV, ...)
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:43 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LateatPHL
Maybe they should be building more storage tanks rather than all the private hangers.... My snarky response as someone who is in and out of BZN frequently.
Those hangers normally store planes, which need fuel to operate. Some will only need 100 low lead, but plenty will also need Jet A. More planes means great chance of more/bigger storage tanks.

Originally Posted by beachmouse
My local airport is slot limited (joint DoD-civilian agreement) so I tend to forget that not every airport has daily caps. And local airport seems to be manipulating the caps to 'borrow' slots from select weekdays and create extreme overcrowding on Saturdays (beach condo changeover day) as well as cutting a deal to start service with WN this summer even though there were limitations on physical gate and counter space and WN is currently really shoehorned into inadequate space.
Which airport is this? Something tells me if an airline forced their hand, airport would be required to allow flights.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 26, 2021 at 9:21 am Reason: Offtopic content removed