FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego Hotels - Consolidated Questions & Recommendations Thread
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:42 am
Chris2013

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
Where to stay in La Jolla?

Hello everyone!

My wife and daughter as well as a couple friends of ours and their kids will be vacationing in San Diego in early April of next year and we are looking for recommendations on where to stay. We are tentatively planning on splitting our 8 day trip between San Diego (to see all the sights) and La Jolla (to relax by the beach). I'm looking for some recommendations on where to stay in both places. Our kids are young (2-ish) so we're looking for somewhere close to the beach and with a pool.

For the 4 days in San Diego, we're thinking about staying at either the Intercontinental or Grand Hyatt because of the proximity to Seaport Village and the Midway Museum. Seems both hotels also have a nice pool area as well as restaurants on site.

For La Jolla I'm a bit more perplexed as there doesn't seem to be a singular hotel that fits everything we want. We like hotels with amenities and value beach access and I just cannot find one that fits everything we want. Price isn't really much of a concern so any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!
Chris