FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:29 pm
kpott

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Today I met with the seabreeze restaurant manager, the outdoor manager and the director of operations. The director of operations is new to the post. He came from JW and RC Cancun. He has some vision for how to improve things and he is becoming aware of how bad things have gotten. He agreed that there are serious areas that’s need addressing and he presented a plan to the GM who gave him the green light. He promised more Beach and pool chairs. Activities in the family area. He wants to also do cabanas which I don’t necessarily agree is the need because that’s usually a chance to upcharge for reserved beach chairs area but it could be a better way to handle groups. He also wants to resurrect the mariettas restaurant to it former glory. He had also been here 5 years ago to see the place when Carl Emberson was at the helm so he’s seen how good this place can be.

they said the towels are limited in availability right now because they outsource their laundry and they have a limit on the number of towels they can send out because the company that does that has so many linens due to covid.

they also talked about creating a reservation system for groups coming from the vacation rental homes nearby. This would allow them to staff things like the 10 person bachelorette party that just dropped in on them unannounced yesterday. Apparently the agreement is that any vacation rentals can just use the beach area whenever.

I feel like things will turn around somewhat as this new operating plan is implemented but also at any point they are starting a remodel. I would watch TA reviews closely to see if things get better.

I have not tried the W but I understand they added a second pool there.

If you have HIlton points to burn, the reviews of the Conrad Punta Mita seem phenomenal.