FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific JFK-HKG Nonstop in First Class
Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:32 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by dchristiva
I didn't realize that CX served Johnnie Walker BLUE in FC! That alone is worth the price of admission! I hesitate to think what kind of shape I would have been in upon my arrival in HKG after 15 hours with my pal Johnnie!
Its new (added shortly after the LB was dropped); BA also serves Blue in F onboard and also at the F lounges in LHR -- so you can drink a bottle or 2 even when not flying BA F! The LAX FL stocks JW Gold which is almost as good ... Blue is OK but by no means my favourite scotch. And the Hennessy XO carried by CX in F is far better.
An obvious comment about the catering on this long non-stop flight: the galleys were not redone so the poor FAs have exactly the same galley space as for the 4 hour shorter HKG-LAX service. This may also have dictated having breakfast as the 2nd meal -- to fit in the galley storage. Remember that you can have your dinner and breakfast served at any time in F, you can even have breakfast when boarding and dinner later if you wish. If I am not hungry I often have caviar only at the first meal, sleep for 5 hours and then have dinner half-way into the flight. Just tell the crew when you board so they can prepare and/or save the right food for you. Nobody in F can complain that there isn't enough food available, or that the 2nd meal is breakfast when they wanted something more substantial -- they can have it for the asking! CX caters many extra F meals to ensure all paid pax have a choice so there is always a 2nd F dinner available for you if you wanted it.