FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid test for entry/re-entry to US [merged thread]
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:09 pm
gnomey

Originally Posted by SamirD
Well, the way I would have done it was to have a code that is on the report that is unique to that report that can be easily validated via a portal and very difficult to break the algorithm (aes1024). You could even have taken it back to the paper days with a hologram/watermark on a physical certificate that would have a phone number with the same validation number. Technology doesn't create solutions--it only streamlines them. In this case, technology has done nothing but really made it easier to skirt stuff.

My Kaiser NAAT test is valid for travel, but United needs to see 'RT-PCR' on the paper. Instead of spending $100/ea for another RT-PCR test, I was truly tempted to just put an RT-PCR on the report and let it pass. I'm sure people with less ethical convictions have done just that. It's that hard to swap a positive to a negative either.
not all NAAT tests are PCR
NAAT can be LAMP, TMA etc
this is why UA wants you to show RT-PCR, no other reason than the destination country requires RT-PCR