FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving points between accounts (General Discussion Thread)
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:57 pm
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I called Marriott to transfer 100,000 points from my partners account to my account for a points advance reservation.
I need the points before the end of the month as I need to confirm the booking before the 60 day deadline for points advance reservations and the hotel is now sold-out for those dates.

During the call the operator transferred 100,000 points, but in the wrong direction (from me to my partner).
They claim that they can't do anything to reverse their screw-up and that I just have to suck it up.

Since the call I simply used all of my points for future bookings that I won't use, and am glad to say that they have not been transferred over.
The hotline still seems to be seeing a transfer has happened and cannot transfer the points from my partner to me as we have already transferred the max amount between accounts that we can for a year.

Any suggestions or ways to escalate so that I can get this resolved?
Did you make the call or did your partner? Only the account holder can request the transfer so if you called, I can see why it may have happened. I called on Monday to have points transferred from Mr. Fink’s account to mine and then put him on the phone to request the transfer. But at first the rep thought I wanted the points to go the opposite way as I was the one who initially called.