FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 12, 2021, 9:10 pm
TravelGuy1965

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Oddist experiences...

Many oddities starting at checkin. Quite disappointed overall as we enjoyed this property as one of our favorites when we lived in the bay area back in 2000 to 2005.

I'll describe more but am very interested if any other globists haven't received welcome cards at the hotel. The reason I ask is our suite upgrade landed us in a 'town house' with very poor views and a message on the phone that they no longer have the slippers available that we requested but will try to provide the other items. My hunch is our room could have been reassigned from a guest who checked in earlier and didn't like the room and we ended up with theirs since we checked-in mid evening. That would explain no welcome letter in the room. We did receive them at two other hyatts we stayed at in the last couple weeks.

At checkin there is a plexiglass window that is quite a bit larger than most hotels we have been at making it hard to hear the receptionist. They were sitting in a chair toward the wall and about 2 feet back. When I mentioned it was hard to hear them with the loud wedding party in the lounge they made no attempt to move closer or speak louder. I ended up having to bend down to put my ear near an opening at the bottom of the plexiglass. Then a couple minutes later a somewhat louder person comes up and interrupts asking for help in the middle of our checkin. The attendant went over to the side to help them... very odd as I've never had a checkin interrupted. It was only about 3 minutes since our checkin started. The person said they checked in online and just needed their keys. Still took half the time of our overall checkin. Both my wife and I are globalist.

I'll update the post with additional details/issues after checkout. They said the GM would contact me but we are now at day 3 of a 5 day stay and nada..Even potential safety issues that are raised with a broken fireplace door seem to be ignored.

Last edited by TravelGuy1965; Jul 12, 2021 at 10:15 pm