FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Hilton Allow Credit Card Surcharges for US Hotels?
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:26 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I looked at the HGI around the corner from it, and it is missing the $1 and one of the 2% items. Assuming that is the $1 'service fee' and 2% 'CC surcharge' OP referenced. If they are, they are technically disclosing all of the mandatory costs, BUT I have a feeling the State AG office would not be too thrilled with a hotel calling pure fees a "tax", which hilton.com is doing.
For a cash reservation, perhaps -- but for a points reservation the only fee disclosed was the "optional" (in the sense that if you aren't parking a car you don't pay) $16/night parking fee. The fact that there would be a $1 "service fee" or a credit card surcharge on both the parking and the service fee were never disclosed. The fact that they charged for parking I can say with some certainty they didn't pay for is a completely different issue -- but all of these combined just left a really bad taste in my mouth for this property. (The broken window in the room being a cherry on top)