FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Hilton Allow Credit Card Surcharges for US Hotels?
Old Jul 11, 2021, 8:32 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Heh. I posted a thread about this specific property (Hilton Burlington) in May.

I was -- more irritated than I can say in FT -- to find on a points stay -- where the fees were not disclosed during booking -- that I was hit with a CC surcharge on a parking fee -- for a city garage that actually wasn't charging anyone for parking the weekend of our stay anyway.

Was told at check in that parking was $16 -- no mention of a CC fee anywhere. Parked, stayed, checked out at the front desk because the app wouldn't let me. Nothing said about a CC surcharge... got folio by email an hour later and there was a surcharge (and another random fee I didn't recognize) making what I expected to be a $16.00 folio just under $20. And the gates for the garage were up so had I just parked and not stopped at the FD first it would have been a $0 (or whatever-random-fee-only) stay

Add to that the room we got had a broken window and I'm definitely not recommending that property to anyone -- but I decided it wasn't worth my time to call and complain especially since the stay was part of a birthday roadtrip through new England and I was trying to focus on all of the happy thoughts instead.