FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:28 am
OSSYULYYZ

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Originally Posted by jetplane86
Are they accommodating passengers with shorter than ideal transit times (to another domestic destination)? I'm planning a trip to Canada and some connections via Montreal are only 1-1.5 hours long. Given that they allow these bookings, would they be helpful in case of testing delays?
Rumours are that there is a separate the line for Domestic Connections. They will be given a Switch Health Kit to do at their final destination (assuming full vaccination). Int'l Connections are exempt from all testing and quarantine vaccinated or not.
I hope this is really the case. I have a domestic connection at YUL tomorrow. I will report back.
Please do report back indeed. You may want to ask the CBSA directly for a Switch Health Kit as they are the ones who give it out for the Day 8 Test and they will let you know if it is acceptable (probably is). I'm sure a CBSA Officer would just give you a Day 8 Kit to do for your Arrival Test if these rumours are true.

Personally, I would rather not have to create a Switch Health Account just to do the Arrival Test at home, but I get your point given the short transfer window.