FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:48 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by klanfa
I have some upcoming flights in Europe and crediting to United seems like a decent option - especially since LH didn't reduce qualification requirements at all.
Did United waive the 4 UA flight requirement for 2021? Or otherwise, is there any exemption to the rule for non-US based members?
Not a general waiver, but those with an international address (I think as of a certain date) are waived. If so, you should see the requirement as met in your account.

Seems to me whatever programming they did for this was not done correctly or done randomly. I have had a US-based address again as my primary since about 2015 (it might have ben 2016), but still have a Canadian address on my account from a couple of years prior to that - I somehow got the 4-segment waiver, including an email to let me know. My wife, who made changes at the same time, and also still had the Canadian address on file, but not as primary, didn't receive the waiver. Not sure why I got it and she didn't (to be clear - neither of us should have).