FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:11 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Sky is reporting the following which doesn't make me hopeful An important note - quarantine exemption for travel will only apply to people vaccinated by the NHS

In a move that could prove controversial among Britons living abroad, Downing Street has clarified the exemption to quarantine for double-jabbed people returning from amber list countries will only apply to those given a vaccine by the NHS.

The prime minister's official spokesman said: "It does need to be a vaccine administered through the NHS rollout so you would need to have received your vaccine through the NHS rather than in a different country."
I suspect the reality is that if it shows on your NHS record then that's going to be good enough, so the key is persuading your surgery to do that. I really can't see that Border Force then Track & Trace - given everything we've heard on here about the contents of the phone calls - are going to start diving into the batch numbers of your vaccines to check that they match up with those administered in the UK. If someone from Northern Ireland moved to England it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to expect the NHS to recognise their UK vaccine, yet technically it also won't have been given by the NHS. The political fallout from something seemingly so small doesn't bear thinking about.

What I suspect is really meant here is "showing in the NHS system", which means that the non-approved vaccines with potentially lower efficacy won't count, and doctors likely wouldn't be able to add them because there's no category for them.