FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:32 am
KSVVZ2015
Suspended

Originally Posted by glbltvlr
Frustrating, but understandable. It's about the integrity of the vaccination record. NHS records reasonably accurate. US CDC cards, not so much.
Really? Is there any evidence of mass fraud of CDC cards? Never mind mass fraud of CDC cards of people using them to travel? I don't think so....

And its not a foolproof system - to the extent there are 2 or 20 or 200 people from the US who would fake a CDC card to avoid UK quarantine who would enter in August, they probably aren't going to be the type who will quarantine anyways. So what's the point? (Admittedly that's a question you can ask about most actions this government has taken since BoJo realized COVID wasn't a random Chinese thing)

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think I did point out the advantages of getting your NHS number and vaccines in England. At least your wife will find it easier to travel. I imagine this aspect is unofficially a bargaining chip in the travel task force between UK and USA, so I think it's a month or so off. So the UK recognises CDC cards, the USA recognises AZ. And I'm sure the airlines / tourism sector will be applying pressure too
You did point as much out And I did get an NHS number. But based on when I became eligible - the US promised a much faster timeline - that became business critical due to the entry requirements on the continent.

In all seriousness - what is your estimate as to how long this lasts? Because I will go get more jabs if I need to which is a truly perverse outcome if that's what it comes to.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 8, 2021 at 4:26 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member