FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Key points

- Currently England only, devolved Nations will make their own rules
- Red = no changes to existing rule, countries can be made Red
- Green = no changes

Amber multiple changes for people arriving on or after 19 July 2021.
- Those vaccinated in the UK, both vaccines, with a lag of two weeks thereafter won't need to self isolate
- All children under 18 are all exempted from self isolation, not just those accompanying parents / carer
- Pre flight tests still required
- PCR Day2 tests still required.
- No testing required for under 4 years, only PCR day2 for ages 5 to 18 years
- Overseas vaccinations not in scope, but a future announcement will be made. so those vaccinated overseas will currently need to self isolate but will have TTR option on day5
- Those who participated in the vaccine trials in the UK can participate in this scheme
- PLF will be amended to include vaccine statements
- Airlines will be expected to check vaccine status at check-in on the return to the UK.
In essence Amber countries are now Green for those vaccinated in the UK.

30 countries accept the NHS App and/or the NHS letter (see Vaccine Passport thread in the UK and Ireland Destination Forum).
Great, thank you C-W-S for the update. It really makes travelling a lot easier, at least for me, however pricey tests still are... but better than the current system for sure.

I guess the next steps will be to recognise foreign vaccination certificates and simplify arrivals from Green countries I guess?