FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK arrivals - pre-departure, quarantine and post-arrival [currently no requirements]
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:03 am
DaveS

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
To clarify and correct something I've posted up thread.

There will be a statement from Grant Shapps on the floor of the House of Commons, at 11:30 hrs approx announcing some easing of restrictions, notably on Amber countries, which is most of the world. You can watch this statement on ParliamentLive TV. This will be followed by a statement and guidance from the Department for Transport, and I will post these details if they get released. But it's no secret that effectively for those with two vaccines in the UK and UKOTs Green and Amber are the same. Applies from 19 July

Separately the airlines and HAL have been planning a scheme to ease congestion for those with 2 vaccines. This was intended to force HMG to do something to help the aviation sector and was planned sometime back when it was looking like an August date for this easing of restriction. It probably found itself overtaken by events, but the net cause is hilarious: Matt Hancock wanted direct access to a balcony with impressive views in his office. So he ordered an extra long conference table which meant the office needed more space on the side. Hence a wall partition was moved to allow space and with it came access to a door to the balcony. However that door happened to be a fire exit, therefore there had to be a door in the new partition which could never be locked. And a CCTV to monitor the fire door. And that's why it's 19 July not 12 August. All beyond The Thick of It.

The HAL+Airline idea does not exempt the vaccinated from the need to self isolate, but see the details of the Shapps announcement.
I can hear the civil servants saying Yes Minister!