FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Porter Airlines
Thread: Porter Airlines
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2021, 6:32 pm
ericw

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This wording is interesting. It suggests customers who cancelled their own flights are not eligible for refunds. When AC did its deal with the Feds and started providing refunds, it included flights that were cancelled by customers. Sunwing's policy appears to be the same as AC's. So it's surprising that the Feds would let Porter get away with this limitation.

The FAQ on Porter's COVID refund page does suggest that a customer who cancelled may be eligible, but it's not clear. What is clear is that those who paid cancellation fees to obtain refunds prior to now can't get those fees back. Which is definitely less favourable than what AC customers got.

It could take a while to get the refund processed, so if you had a high degree of confidence that you'd need or want these funds to book some travel in the relatively near term, that could also factor in (as soon as you request the refund, you will likely no longer be able to use the travel credit).

But with PD still grounded, that may not matter much, and if the 25% bonus isn't very enticing, might be better to just make a clean break and get the cash back.
I booked via Amex and cancelled mine on March 12, 2020 before they started cancelling flights. I won't get the 25% credit and I have no plan to travel on PD anytime soon, so I'd definitely want a refund.
They were very quick on updating the manual for TAs but this time the document is still not updated. https://www.flyporter.com/Content/Do...t-Document.pdf
I called AMEX and they said they still havent received any instructions from PD yet.