FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:25 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I have a question for one of you guys. I went to the process of enrolling in Equinox through the AMEX app. I entered my card number, etc, but when it hit the payment screen to start the membership, I closed it. I checked the Amex App again and it said pending, which I expected. But, just now I logged into the website and says I'm ENROLLED. I had to say all that to ask this question, since they sale OTHER stuff on their site, do you think we could buy stuff on there for $25 or less and get a credit??? They have several items on there I would definitely buy monthly, like those dry bags. I'm thinking about doing a test run and I'll report back if I get the credit. What do you guys think????
I'm quoting myself. I went ahead and tried this. I doubt 100% that buying anything off the Equinox site will provide a credit, other than if you buy a gift card, that you can use on their site to purchase items, but the gift cards start at $100.

I just purchased a pack of face masks and the receipt says "Equinox The Shop doing Business as Energy Gear". So DO NOT buy anything off the shopping portal. The only thing that will work for the Amex Equinox Credit are Memberships as far as I can see.

To the OP or somebody who knows how, could you post this info at the top in the Wiki, which I don't see. Thanks.