FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 4:38 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I believe I pay about $30 a month for Peacock / NYT ($25 for NYT, $4.99 for Peacock). Even if I was able to get a more discounted NYT Membership (which I think I will try to do), $4.99 a month or more for Peacock is useful for me as a Premier League fan
I'm more of a news guy and I'm trying to figure out what Peacock will offer to me that I can't get with YouTube TV. I'm actually planning to get the YTV 4K upgrade as it'll also give me mobile downloads. Perfect when there's no connection!

I will be a Delta Platinum later this year, I think there is a discount for CLEAR, but it isn't free for me. Let's see if I make Diamond next year (would be a first for me but I will be traveling more)
I don't think CLEAR is free so I guess it could be a win since the Platinum includes it.

I do recognize for those that do not use Equinox, NYT, Peacock or Clear that this is more of a simple fee increase. But at least the previous credits (Uber, Saks, airline incidental) remain.
Equinox credit is totally useless to me unless AMEX makes it more flexible.

Within the Amex portfolio, people should consider Hilton Aspire, Bonvoy Brilliant and Delta Platinum/Reserve if you want more of a travel oriented card, want some standard Amex network benefits, and can make those particular travel partners work. I
I already have all 4 cards that you mentioned.