FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:58 am
Adelphos

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
A few notes
  • In terms of holding a single card, it is a massive win for me
    • I already pay for an Equinox All Club Access membership, so $300 credit is useful
    • I already pay over $20 a month for NYT and Peacock, so that works for me too
    • I let my CLEAR membership lapse during Covid, will now reapply
    • Airline incidental fee reimbursement is kept
    • Prepaid hotel credit can be useful
    • Hopefully the Resy benefits are actually meaningful (I doubt they are though)
    • Saks, Uber Eats credits retained
    • Most of the other benefits of the card (warranty, protection, hotel status, etc) appear to be retained. Hilton Gold by itself can be worth $100 or more with just a few nights
  • What is hit, though, is the value of holding two or more flavors of Platinum, IMO
    • Schwab Platinum transfer ratio to be devalued soon
    • It doesn't seem to be possible to double up the Equinox Credit
    • I can't really use two Clear credits (I forget how much it costs to add. a partner to Clear)
    • I don't pay much more than $20 a month for NYT/Peacock, so the extra $20 monthly credit isn't that valuable
    • Double Resy benefits would be redundant
    • Not sure if you will get the full value of the extra $200 in airline or hotel credits

So one of my Amex Plat / Schwab Amex Plat will be downgraded or cancelled next year. However I am happy with the new benefits

Last edited by Adelphos; Jul 1, 2021 at 4:08 am