FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 12:18 am
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Mahogany
FYI, last month we (2 plat card holders) waited 40 minutes at Seattle just to get in the lounge.
It would be nice to have Admiral/Alaska/United Club added to Plat benefit. — I know I am dreaming.
I think we are still having capacity issues due to COVID restrictions. Pre-COVID SeaTac was my most frequently visited lounge, and most of the time I was able to get in without wait.

On the other hand the guest access changes will require me to evaluate whether to get a AU card for my wife or pay-as-we-go, which adds to the overall cost.

But my main point really was: I would not hold the Plat card even if the coupon book credits roughly equaled the annual fee in value. If you think the CL situation you experienced will continue, you may not want to keep the card (I wouldn’t if 40 min waits become standard).

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jul 1, 2021 at 1:51 am