FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWISS Business Class - Dubai to Zürich
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2021, 6:52 am

I know there was been quite some time that this was posted. I'm about to travel DXB - ZRH and just wondering if anyone has had any more recent experience of LX on this sector?

Do they only offer breakfast before landing or is there a light meal after take off? I never eat airplane breakfast.

Re the crews - I think like many things in life 'you get what you pay for'. I had always assumed that crew at Swiss were paid quite well and had fairly good T&C's. Apparently not.

WIth the demise of the old 'Swissair' the new 'Swiss' was born with a MUCH lower cost base. Especially when it came to staff salaries.A Polish friend of mine who had been flying as crew for Emirates for years left and accepted a job with Swiss as Cabin Crew. He was shocked at how poor the salary was (for Swiss standards) and how minimal the terms and conditions were. He said the management and working conditions were appalling and he left less than a year after he joined.

It's no excuse for poor service. But when any company has an ethos of 'get em cheap' they get staff who are 'here for a good time, not a long time'.