FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread Air Canada Refunds vs credits; Class action lawsuit filed
Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:01 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mapleg
Received this e mail tonight:

This is not a trip I have cancelled and as far as I know it is still on the go. It shows up as a confirmed booking in my AC/Aeroplan account and in the app (This is a paid fare, not reward)

May give them a call to see what's going on, but if anyone has any experience with similar e mails, I would appreciate their advice. Thanks
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
I got the same emails tonight but ignored them. Assumed they were related to previous bookings I had converted to travel vouchers and used to rebook new itineraries with. My bookings are still intact
The question for both of you would be, even if the trips are currently intact, at some point, did AC cancel one of the flights on your PNR? If so, even if you've re-booked (or accepted AC's re-booking), you would be eligible for a refund.

For example, you were booked on AC102 on August 10 and that got cancelled, you re-booked on AC104 for the same date. AC102 was cancelled and therefore you're due a refund if you want one, even though you might be perfectly happy to fly AC104.