FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:06 pm
bc097

Originally Posted by tmiw
Visa was always fairly reliable for me there. MC, though, not so much. I did use AmEx recently at my local Dunkin', though, and was pleased to see that they finally enabled EMV contactless on the other networks. (For the longest time they were MSD only on everything but Visa, likely because the other networks' rules at the time didn't require anything else.)

Speaking of AmEx, I just pulled up the app and apparently the statement says that the charge happened in a different county than where the Dunkin' actually is. The "business location" info when you click/tap on the charge is correct, though. This might be typical for Dunkin' franchisees for all I know.
That’s interesting. The only Amex network card I have isn’t issued by Amex themselves but by Wells Fargo. I’ve never had any issues with certain networks going through at Dunkin but I have had issues of it not actually reading my card. I’ve thought it was an issue with my card but then it will read fine at other places. Dunkin certainly isn’t the only place with this issue or the worst though. I went to Panera Bread twice this weekend and contactless worked at one location and not at the other (tried physical card and Apple Pay) and it didn’t ever recognize it. The location that it worked at had the four dots at the top and the one where it didn’t work didn’t have this though.