FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:09 pm
bc097

Originally Posted by tmiw
I have some bad news: https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/06/...-shimmer-gang/

Granted, if your card got hit by that sort of attack, your bank didn't implement EMV properly. But still.

I think a few did, but merchant acceptance was already fairly high beforehand (at least from a technical standpoint; training, geographic variations, etc. are different issues). The new habits may very well not be sticking, either, so it's possible the doubling of consumer usage (5->10% or so) will be a one time deal. We don't know for sure yet either way.

It's been quite a while since I went to one but in my experience the tablets were pretty consistently at the indoor tables. Outdoors and at the bar, on the other hand? Not so much.
Just ate at Red Robin again this afternoon. Maybe 40% of tables had the old Ziosk tablets. The rest (mine included again) didn’t have any. On the way out they had a table that was full of the new Ziosk tablets (all turned off). So they must be getting ready to replace the old ones at this specific location soon. They’re the same ones that Olive Garden has now.