FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walked as a Globalist
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2021, 12:32 pm
GrayAnderson

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by DroppedSon
I'm not sure whats going on with availability in vacation destinations this year, but I just got an email from the Polo Beach Club Destination Residence in Maui telling me they aren't able to honor my reservation next month due to overselling. I'm a Globalist with >100 nights and >$12k spend already this year, assuming I don't get walked from any other reservations I'm already booked for ~160 nights/35k spend. Well over half way to LT Globalist. For some reason I assumed I'd be one of the last people to get walked, but I guess nobody is safe.

Should I be asking/expecting some sort of compensation for getting walked? I already purchased airfare/activities for the trip, so it's pretty unfortunate
The short answer is that you should be getting compensation of some sort (they're supposed to give you space somewhere if they can't honor it).

How long ago did you make your reservation? This would affect how aggressive I'd be.