FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:20 pm
zrh2yvr

Programs: AC SE 100K
Originally Posted by escape4
I asked a similar question to an Air Canada SE100k concierge. I am flying Turkey-Egypt on one ticket (TK), then Egypt-Canada-USA on another ticket (AC). I will have my covid test in Turkey, and I asked AC if when I show up at the airport in Egypt will they deny me boarding if my covid test is not from Egypt. The agent was clear: Canada has no rule about where the test must come from, the only thing that matters is the timing of it. Then they also called the AC operations manager in Egypt to re-confirm that I will not be denied boarding.

So it does not sound like Canada has such a rule and Egypt does not have this rule either. So perhaps it is a USA rule? I would guess when you speak of airline fines, it's not the USA which would fine AC for bringing people to Canada.

I realize my example is different than yours so there could be an explanation (maybe because my final destination is USA and yours is Canada?) but nonetheless it sounds like there might be a disconnect in the information we are getting.
Canada does not allow tests from India - besides that - there is no rule where it has to come from. However, I believe there was a rule that PCR test had to be done in US for land crossings. However, the mother of my colleague who lives in Montreal (and is US Citizen) went to USA for both injections and both times crossed back with PCR test from Canada.

Last edited by zrh2yvr; Jun 25, 2021 at 11:25 pm