FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights (P now 150%)
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:48 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I thought they were actually starting to refund now (maybe the $25 Million proposed fine from the DOT helped move them along).

On the other hand, waiting on hold for AC to try and get an agent to help you refund....that's a whole other issue.
It was much easier going to the chargeback route for my client when AC told us to pound sand over a newly "impossible" re-route option during the depth of the virus crisis. We prevailed with nothing more than a screenshot of their spaghetti dish of mixed segments plus the DOT's statement regarding mandatory refunds for cancelations due to inoperable flights. It's undeniably difficult to give Air Canada any money considering how they treated customers throughout this event, but it's also not so easy to find 150% on relatively cheap P fares, and sometimes even Z fares, that can go either east or westbound.

If ANA would come up with a more stable and frequent release of reasonably priced upgradeable G fares, I would probably go for that option.