FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walked as a Globalist
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:58 pm
strife

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I feel like the comments from The Road Goes On Forever speak to this, and something similar seems to have been at play in my incident as well.
Well you can conspiracy theory up anything you want, but there is a huge difference between a property's preference in walking guests to other properties under the same ownership/management (and I have worked at properties that had this policy although it also made the process easier and faster since we knew the people working at the other properties) versus an intentional and planned scheme to keep accepting reservations beyond RM forecast in the hopes that those reservations can be falsely walked to a lower-ADR property that still has inventory and is still also presumably attempting to sell rooms, all while sufficiently enough guests do not complain about being falsely walked in order to actually make some profit.

Maybe it is not completely obvious to those who do not have experience in the industry, but the circumstances would simply have to be exceptional for this to be beneficial at all. Not to mention the effort involved would seemingly be much better served in attempting to make the lower-ADR property more attractive in the first place.