FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL suspending service into PVG
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:58 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
DL suspending service into PVG

In the spirit of full disclosure, I made mention of this in the China travel forum. It is not my intent to cross-post but, since this directly involves DL operations, I thought a more substantive mention was relevant here. I have not seen this discussed elsewhere in this forum. Mods... forgive me if I have erred.

After not being able to make a reservation on-line for a round trip from DTW to PVG, I called the Diamond line. After searching the matter, two different agents came back to tell me that DL has ceased operations into China for now. There was a mention that service might resume on a seasonal basis in August.

There is no announcement on the DL web site. An itinerary search results in a not terribly helpful error message stating that there is no flight available on one of the selected days (no matter what days are selected).

Perhaps this decision was implemented yesterday and the website designers have not caught up with current events. Otherwise, it is a bit surprising that DL has not proactively shared this information with the flying public.