FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Observations of SouthWest from a UA MM
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:12 pm
usedtobeimportant
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjbiv
The DoT rules are quite a bit more complicated. Simply misconnecting is not an IDB situation. The flight you are involuntarily denied boarding on has to be overbooked. You have to check in and arrive at the departure gate on time. The airline must not get you to your destination within an hour. No compensation is due if the aircraft is downgauged. IDB passengers must be given a printed explanation of their rights. Maximum compensation now is $775 or $1550 for domestic flights depending on your original fare and how long you are delayed.
Everything I bolded was pre-empted because WN changed my booking mid- incoming flight (without my permission) to a later connecting flight so when I touched down I no longer had a valid BP for the connecting flight I booked.

Not your typical IDB as you describe but still an IDB. First agent I talked to said it was a VDB which was BS, but her supervisor understood the gravity. Interesting you quote $1550 as I received $1350 in cash and a $200 voucher. I thought the $200 voucher was a bonus but maybe not.