FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD Terminal 5 discussion (more recent posts)
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:45 am
ords

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I don't know what the permanent status is, do other security check points at T5 have dedicated TSAPre lines, what their schedule is, etc. It was our first trip through T5 since the beginning of the pandemic lock downs. We were flying QR and they are a TSAPre participant. We were told to use the security point #10 and there was a dedicated TSAPre line.

Our previous experiences with security at T5 were exactly like your most recent one. I find the TSAPre "lite" a joke. The one we experienced earlier this week was a real Precheck. Dedicated ID/boarding pass check, dedicated security screening line and no x-ray/backscatter. I hope all the security check points at T5 have this now as we are planning to get back to doing a couple of international trips a year if at all possible.
Just CP10 will have TSA Pre. CP11 doesn't have the room at this time to have a dedicated lane. CP 10 will have 11 screening lanes once it's completed with each lane having around 650sf of space versus the 350sf they had before.

British won't be reopening their lounge(s) at T5. (no money) Neither will Swiss (no money), SK isn't sure at this time and I'm aware the CDA would love to take SK's current lounge and convert that to M13 hold room space. KL/AF will go away as Delta builds their massive lounge. The Swissport lounge is tricky, only an airline can build out a lounge but since Hainan owns Swissport this was the workaround. Turkish is looking at lounge options if they can

The FIS area work will really start to be noticed. Claims 1-3 should reopen in July. Both UA and AA recheck areas will start to be rehabbed, the half of the common use recheck counters go away as part of the baggage system replacement.

Dunkin opens up within a month, but like everywhere else concessions are being brutally understaffed and this is causing issues with lack of food within the terminal.

The old Terminal Transfer bus stop is being relocated from M1 down to M14/15. While this sounds it's farther away, it's actually closer since CP 11 empties out about 100' away from the area. (There's planning taking place to get the service up and running within 30 days if needed)

ATS...I am intimately aware of the main issue and solutions but I need to keep quiet on that topic for now.