FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles on SkyTeam & Other Partners Master Thread
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:28 pm
elusive1

Originally Posted by elusive1
I had four tickets booked on KLM metal in February from DXB - SJO. This was the 2nd half of a SkyMiles redemption RT. KLM had cancelled most long-haul flights including SJO (still cancelled) a few days before the flight. I did not attempt to reschedule with Delta before the cancelled flight was due to depart. Some of the travelers had no visa to transfer via Atlanta, while I suppose AF would have possibly been an option to Panama.

It is my understanding that Delta does not redeposit miles, only re-books. I believe that re-depositing the miles would be reasonable, as they cancelled the route till further notice. I wrote Delta via the SkyMiles webform asking them to please redeposit the miles from the unused flights about a month ago, still no response.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Update
Delta actually responded a week back and refunded all the unused flight miles. They wrote that they will at some point be refunding the taxes as well, although they have since written me saying something crazy about me exchanging the tickets so I cannot get a refund of the taxes. I will not pursue the taxes as I see it as a miracle they actually the refunded 500,000 miles.