FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS Schedule Changes (2021)
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:01 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by simonsuo
I tried a few weeks back, definitely a no for AA flights at least for me. I think someone did it, but that was because the OP's flight was delayed that day causing a missed connection at an outstation.
I was rerouted on AA about two weeks ago when my 8am DCA-SEA crew timed out and the flight was cancelled overnight. Was moved to AA at 9am DCA-DFW (and AS DFW-SEA-SFO) to get home same day. The computer had initially moved me from the 8am DCA-SEA to the 7pm DCA-PDX with a forced overnight at PDX. Not very appealing when you just want to get home. Add in that the airport experience at DCA sucked that day because the checkpoint for my AA flight shut down due to a power outage and had to clear security and be bused over from a different terminal with hundreds of others - when I got on board the AA flight the door closed 3 mins behind me. Also, could not check in with the app so had the AA agent at DCA check me in for DCA-DFW and was sent over to the AS agent to check in for the rest of the itinerary. Pretty much a travel day I'd rather forget.