FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old Jun 22, 2021, 10:54 am
LowTECH

My Elected official experience so far

After reading all these post, I had high hopes for my elected representatives. Unfortunately I have received no help from them. We applied for my 1 month old at the time passport on 05/28. Travel on 06/26, my wife grandma is very sick, currently on her death bed so we need to make it out on the 26th for the chance of her grandma seeing our kids for the 1st time before she goes...

05/28 - Applied at passport facility in Los Angeles CA - EXPIDTED AND 1/2 day shipping on the back end
06/03- Received Email confirmation that the application is in process
06/04- Check Cashed
06/11- Reached out to my local congressman office and let them know the situation and filled out privacy release form
06/11- Heard back from congressman office was told they are looking into it
06/14 - Reached out to one of my 2 senators filled out privacy release form (Feinstein)
06/15 - Reached out to the other senator filled out privacy release form (Padilla)
06/17 - sent follow up email to all 3 representatives
06/21 - Sent follow up email again
06/22 - Still in process

This is were we stand. Have not heard back from the senators at all and still waiting on the congressmen's office to provide me with an update. The last post gives me some hope still.... however its not looking good. Need to try my luck with the Life and death appointments they provide.