FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Germany removes quarantine requirement for many countries
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:23 am
blitzen

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mustafina
There's no passport control but I don't know if there are physical checks of Covid documentation from intra-Schengen flights. I haven't travelled through a German airport for months so can't help with that I'm afraid.

Hoping that someone else will jump in shortly to confirm what I've told you, as it wouldn't be the first time I've misread or misinterpreted the ever-changing rules! You might also want to check the website of the German embassy in US for current entry info, as it should hopefully have been updated following the addition of the US to the EU white list. I think it's safe to say that UK-Germany travel is best avoided if possible though.
i flew EWR-FRA-HAJ on 6/10 and beside the expected checks at check in an immigration there was another Covid test checkpoint at luggage pick-up (customs) set up in Hannover.