FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic vs Econo
Thread: Basic vs Econo
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:48 pm
pokee

Originally Posted by Vaclav
And yes, sure, how predictable. Just found (not that WS would email me) that my YVR-YUL red eye nonstop on July 11 was cancelled. And again, I am re-routed via YYZ. A year later and the same 'strategy' is nothing but bait and switch. I am glad I have cancelled two more similar flights later, it would be the same result. We need competition, why is Westjet sending us to the arms of Air Canada? On that day, AC operates three YVR-YUL nonstops, a day later four.

Another thing, since my booking was changed, it is locked and I cannot even see/change seats online. I have cancelled and rebooked many AC flights and AC also had several schedule changes. I was promptly notified by email/app and in most case was given a choice to select a different flight and seat if I wanted to. I am saying this rather reluctantly but AC is by far clear winner.
They still seem to be keeping the one non stop daytime flight - which is good news for me. I'm guessing they just don't have enough takers on the redeye. I agree that it still reeks of bait and switch...

For a Western based airline, it truly does boggle the mind that they don't have more direct flights from YVR... but maybe that's part of the problem. YYC is the home base for the west for WestJet - and YVR is more of the home base for for the west for AC.