FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirEuropa (UX) availability with SkyMiles
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:56 pm
ukinny2000

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
So 2 potential issues....

1) Air Europa has to be booked through a different system -- sometimes the agent doesn't know that.

2) Is this a multi segment flight? If so - check to see if the inventory is available segment by segment.

I've noticed this issue with Aeroflot (so might be relevant for UX too). For example, Aeroflot often times has mileage availability for a flight that goes XXA to XXC (flying with a connection so flight goes XXA to XXB and then connecting to XXB to XXC); however if you search individually for flight XXA-XXB or XXB-XXC there is no inventory. Not unusual as airlines can make certain routings avail with miles but not the in between flight.

HOWEVER, DL would be unable to book your XXA to XXC flight in my above example because the individual segments aren't avail separately. Ridiculous glitch, but is what it is
It is actually just a single segment flight. To add to the curiosity of the situation, the agents will sometimes request the space via Direct access, and the space will come back confirmed, only to be then pulled back by ux a few minutes later. They can see availability on that route much later on in the day (there are about 6 flights a day on that route with ux as it is just a 25 min flight), but that particular flight that i am trying to get on does not appear, even though it is made available to all the other Sky team members, or at least the sky team members that I checked.