FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirEuropa (UX) availability with SkyMiles
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:20 pm
FlyAO2

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I have a situation where I am seeing award seats available for a UX flight using the loyalty programs of various Skyteam airlines such as AFKL, KoreanAir etc...,. but not via Delta (according to the various agents I have repeatedly tried calling). Does Delta only get a subset of award seats that UX makes generally available to other ST members? or is there some secret method to getting UX flights with Delta SkyMiles? Specifically looking at UX6037 on 7/10 (which , if ExpertFlyer is to be trusted, has a number of award seats open)
So 2 potential issues....

1) Air Europa has to be booked through a different system -- sometimes the agent doesn't know that.

2) Is this a multi segment flight? If so - check to see if the inventory is available segment by segment.

I've noticed this issue with Aeroflot (so might be relevant for UX too). For example, Aeroflot often times has mileage availability for a flight that goes XXA to XXC (flying with a connection so flight goes XXA to XXB and then connecting to XXB to XXC); however if you search individually for flight XXA-XXB or XXB-XXC there is no inventory. Not unusual as airlines can make certain routings avail with miles but not the in between flight.

HOWEVER, DL would be unable to book your XXA to XXC flight in my above example because the individual segments aren't avail separately. Ridiculous glitch, but is what it is