FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wrongly Denied Boarding to Spain at LHR
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:41 am
kingcole974

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
How about a thank you through the official channel for the manager? The rules are not easy to navigate these days with different countries changes its rules frequently, so keeping abreast is difficult at the best of time. Whilst I'd be angry in your situation as well, I do find seeking compensation is a bit off these days for these things (though you are probably perfectly entitled to).
He is clearly thankful his last post. If we are at the stage where staff need to be congratulated for putting right a wrong then we are in a very bad place. In this case the OP was in the right and compensation is likely to be the best way BA learn from this, not to mention the fact this delay may have caused other losses like a missed train etc.....

The BA supervisor (huge thank you to her – worked tirelessly for two hours just on my case) found someone higher up who agreed with her that the CDC card is valid. I got rebooked onto the BCN flight later today. I presume I can file for some sort of compensation for having to spend my afternoon at LHR...