FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with self administered [supervised] antigen test for entry into the US?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:39 pm
SamirD

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Jesspiombino
Yes, I have read the site thoroughly. Unfortunately, they are not vaccinated. I am just unclear if these self-administered tests are valid PCR tests for travel or they just acceptable by major US airlines for the return home. Are they rapid antigen tests that only our CDC deemed acceptable? Thanks again.
What I would do is go to the ticket counter of the airline that they will be checking-in at EWR and ask them what they need to fly. The airlines are the ultimate gatekeepers in terms of who gets to fly and who doesn't as well as implementation of regulations and how to comply.

In our plans, we thought that the tests being provided at SFO were sufficient for an international trip. Only when we went the day before the flight for the appointment did we find out they were not, and that the only solution that would get us the results in time cost us $399/ea for an RT-PCR. If we would have talked to the airline agent earlier, we would have had more time. The customer service numbers are useless for this type of information since they aren't the actual gatekeeper.

Good luck!