FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA American Express companion voucher | master thread
Old Jun 8, 2021, 6:25 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mark1976
I really hope your supreme knowledge means you're right @KARFA, but disappointingly It does seem like the ability to redeem in F has been removed!

Quote from BA Companion Voucher changes page - " British Airways American Express Premium Plus Cardmember - 12. Access to Reward Flight seats within Club World (business) class is available for British Airways American Express Premium Plus Companion Vouchers.
I thought that initially too. However, have a look here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...amex-companion

11. The Companion Voucher allows the main British Airways American Express Card Account holder, when making a Reward Flight booking using Avios, to book another seat in the same cabin (any cabin) on the same flight for a Companion without having to pay the Avios flight price for that Companion.
Can I use my Voucher on any route in any cabin?

A British Airways American Express Credit Card Companion Voucher (earned after 1 September 2021) can be used to book a seat for a companion in economy (Euro Traveller) only on the same flight as you (the British Airways American Express Card Account Holder) subject to availability. A British Airways American Express Premium Plus Companion Voucher (earned after 1 September 2021) can be used to book a seat in any cabin for a companion on the same flight as you (the British Airways American Express Card Account Holder) and in the same cabin. British Airways American Express Premium Plus Companion Voucher holders have access to additional Reward Flight seats within business (Club World) subject to availability.
The terms are slightly clumsily written and I think the FAQs clarify this. Section 12 I think is trying to reference the additional availability which will be available for premium card 241s whcih apparently will also allow use of I selling class as well as reward seats.