FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel to Sweden in July. Murky guidance.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 9:11 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I have no reports about how it would go on a US-KEF-ARN flight for a vaccinated US tourist taking the shortest scheduled trip to go on Icelandair to go from the US to visit Sweden. I would suggest going to CPH instead.

Originally Posted by YYZ1313
I don't think Americans are allowed into Sweden right now regardless of vaccination or test status.
Well, not on direct itineraries from the US; but as of this past weekend for Denmark-Sweden commercial surface transport, Sweden phased out border control staffing on a weekend for the first time since the winter vacation period ended and is not doing passport control checks for people coming from CPH into Sweden by commercial surface transport means on the basis of COVID-related rules. While before COVID, Sweden would at times look in US passports for Schengen entry stamps (and dates), that was more the exception than the norm in the Q4 2015-Q1 2020 period. Personally, I doubt we will be seeing reports of Swedish passport control turning back any Americans to Denmark in the next few weeks were they to cross the bridge or take the ferries to southern Sweden.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 7, 2021 at 9:17 am