FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA and Portugal
Thread: BA and Portugal
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2021, 8:21 am
Newly Wed

Programs: BA Gold
I think the team at FAO did a great job on Saturday. They had a trainee actively managing the queues and at 14.45 they were holding back those arriving to check in for the 17.45 flight to allow those checking in for the16.45 flight to take priority. I'm sure that was irritating for those who arrived 3 hours early but it was necessary given the limitations on space within the tensa barriers. There was also a manager pro-actively talking to passengers who noticed I needed wheelchair assistance (broken foot) and arranged for someone to come and help me.

The check-in agent seemed relieved we had used Verifly so four fewer sets of documents to check but it probably only saved a couple of minutes and took longer than that to set up.

No time saving on arrival but having the papers sorted by PAX and clipped together rather than a big jumble of papers meant we were through in a couple of minutes.

Once again I do recommend Qured for return to England testing. The testing station outside FAO looked chaotic and I would not have wanted to risk it.