FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRAPH SUI, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Miyakojima, Okinawa, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Jun 6, 2021, 6:41 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Dont do the Renaissance. It’s a terrible massive jumbo hotel with zero regard to status. I should do my write up on it.

Hyatt Seragaki is very nice. Being a new property, the service is a bit of a disaster, but they do try hard. The hard product is iffy - the rooms are already falling apart despite being barely 2 years old, but it’s a good property. The beach is sad; but that’s the case for most properties in Japan - they delimit beaches to something a 2-year-old can swim, and yell at you if you pass the buoys. Btw, at Seragaki, the way the beach is done, you have about a chest high beach at high tide and knee high at low tide. I still like it though, but the Intercontinental Manza may be a better choice.
Noted on the Renaissance.

For Seragaki, I have been in the beach house suites for all stays except one, where it was a suite in main building. I have not found anything falling apart in any of the rooms. It has been looking really nice a new, though the first stay it was literally brand new, as it was weeks after the opened post repairing the typhoon damages. The only service mishap so far at Seragaki was when the lady greeting us at the door said we could not check in until 3pm, and we could not even be allowed to approach the front desk until 3 pm. Please sit in this corner of the lobby for the next hour and a bit. The tone changed pretty quickly though once we were greeted by other staff inside. The beach is indeed not great, and we tend to mainly for the pool area.

The beach at IC is a draw, but the main building and the pool area probably looked tried and in more than dire need of serious maintenance already 5 years ago. Currently those two areas just look downright depressing.

The suggestion for the Intercontinental Ishigaki is good one, I have not been for some years, but it seems to have remained a quite solid choice.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 6, 2021 at 6:47 pm