FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Hotel NYC Downtown - New York City [Master Thread]
Old Jun 5, 2021, 2:39 pm
thereisnoaddress

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
This has always been my go-to hotel in NYC because it's usually priced quite reasonably (around $150 a night / 25k points). Never had a bad experience and never smelled weed before (used to come here every 2-3 weeks before covid).

I stayed here recently (May 25-30) using 100k points. Welcome bonus is either 1k points or $10 a day for up to two people at the mini mart (which is unusual because the other ACs I've stayed at has been $10 for the entire stay for the whole party), but I wasn't complaining; stocked up on lots of sparkling wine.

Their rooms don't really have views because there's taller buildings on all sides, but the water view rooms have a little bit of a view of the east river and the FDR which is better than nothing. (Not like you'd be spending much time in a NYC hotel room anyway.) Rooms are clean and nice like typical AC hotels. One complaint would be that it's 30+ floors but only has 3 elevators, so sometimes you might have to wait for a bit.

There are lots of breakfast places around (including a halal truck right outside and quite a lot of bagel places / cafes). It's also a bit of a walk to Fulton Street / Wall Street / WTC stations (not as close as the Marriotts near the west side highway / West Street). It's pretty close to the East River Ferry which takes you right over to Brooklyn and a quick walk to Chinatown / Soho.

The staff were constantly reminding people in the lobby to keep their masks on, which I thought was reassuring.